What is the Fire Marshal Certificate?
Fire Marshal Certificate, also known as Fire Warden Certificate, represents that holder of this certificate is qualified and trained in the management of fire safety in any workplace. This certificate is provided to individuals who have completed specialist fire training.
Why is it needed?
- Suppose you are interested in taking up a significant responsibility of fire safety at your workplace, or you have been asked to do so. In that case, it is of utmost importance that you complete the required Level 2 Award in the Principles of Fire Safety qualification and obtain the Fire Marshal Certificate.
- This Training program will give you proper guidance for conducting fire safety majors in your workplace.
- Fires may break out when least expected, and it is essential to know how to conduct oneself in these situations, not just as a fire marshal but also as an individual.
- Individuals gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognize any potential risk in advance.
- They will also be able to assess that potential risk as a safety measure.
- They will know precisely how to tackle actual fire break out the situation.
Who needs it?
Any official in the workplace, such as
- team leaders,
- fire wardens (marshals), and
- those who are responsible for overseeing fire safety
- designated fire marshals
- anyone who needs to know how to use a fire extinguisher.
Can apply for the training course and obtain their Fire Marshal Certificate.
How to get the Fire Marshal Certificate?
One has to Complete the Fire Marshal Training Course.
This course covers basic fire safety and prevention steps and the actions to take in the event of a fire to improve overall fire awareness.
Fire Marshal Training Course
- The course aims to equip all persons and the fire marshal with the knowledge and skills needed to deal with emergencies appropriately.
- Training course complies with Fire Safety Order 2005, which outlines crucial fire safety responsibilities
Mode of course completion:
- The individual can complete the course face-to-face or via E-learning
- The whole staff can undertake the on-site training.
- The training course runs for half a day
- Candidates will be assessed on their learning through class participation and, in some cases, a simple multiple-choice exam.
- The duration of the examination might be 45 mins.
- Age must be over 16 years.
- Candidates need a basic command of English (known as Level 2).
- Contents of the course training:
1) Understand the hazards and risks associated with Fire in the workplace.
2) What are the most common causes of fire break-out
3) About the different classes of Fire
3) Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace.
4) Basic principles behind combustion and how fires spread.
5) Understand the principles and practices of fire safety management at work.
6) What do the primary duties of the fire marshal include.
7) Understand the role of the nominated fire warden.
8) The actions to take in the event of a fire breaking out.
9) Understanding of fire regulations and general fire precautions.
The candidate will gain knowledge of the following areas:
- Cost of fire damage
- Day to day causes of Fire
- Fire precaution regulations
- Fire detection and warning
- Firefighting equipment (including how to use fire extinguishers)
- How to contact the Fire brigade
- Means of escape
- Evacuation procedure
- How to mark exit routes
- What to look for at an assembly point
- Action on discovering a fire
- Fire drills and evacuation
- How to perform a roll call
After completion of the course candidate will be able to do the following:
- Overall awareness in fire safety measurements.
- The candidate will be better prepared in case of an actual fire mishap.
- The candidate will be able to take action promptly and minimize the damage.
- The candidate will be aware of the steps to take in the situation of emergency.
- The candidate will be able to draw out their office specific fire safety measurement plan.
- The candidate will devise their fire safety drill for the workplace as a precautionary measure.
Benefits of the Fire safety training
- The Fire Marshall Certificate adds up to additional quality to candidates CVs, increasing their employability.
- The candidate will be able to identify fire hazards in an area.
- The candidate will be called upon to get involved in crucial emergency procedures.
- The candidate will be better equipped in preventing fires from breaking out.
- The candidate will learn of the proactive and reactive responsibilities of the fire marshal, allowing you to gain more confidence in this role.
- The candidate will learn to handle a fire extinguisher.
- The candidate will gain an overall better understanding of fire safety and awareness, all of which can be applied to both individuals and fire marshals.
- The knowledge provided in this course will help you to better deal with an emergency.