The Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training is designed to provide: Training for those working in the security sector or similar industries who have a responsibility to provide conflict management training to others, and provides opportunities for personnel who train in the security sector or similar industries to achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 vocationally-specific qualification.
This qualification is designed to give the candidates knowledge, understanding and skills that are needed to provide effective conflict management training, also the opportunities for candidates to focus on the development of the major key skills and the wider skills necessary in a security and conflict management context, such as improving own learning and performance, working with others and problem solving. This award also provides opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes that are essential for successful performance in a training environment.
The aim of this Level 3 Course is to develop a trainer’s specialist knowledge, skills and behaviours necessary to deliver a scenario based conflict management programme. The course is part of the National Qualifications Framework and is set at Level 3.
WHAT ARE THE COURSE OUTCOMES?
There are two units for this qualification:
Unit 1 – Managing conflict in the workplace when dealing with customers, service users or the public.
- Know how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- Know the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- Know how to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- Know how to communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- Know good practice to follow after conflict situations
Unit 2 – Delivering scenario-based Conflict Management training
Outcomes 1 – 4
- Understand the principles of scenario-based conflict management training
- Be able to plan and design scenario-based conflict management training
- Be able to deliver scenario-based conflict management training
- Know how to evaluate own performances
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Candidates are required to possess a minimum trainer qualification at Level 3 on the national qualification framework. For example: Level 3 Award in Education and Training
If you are wishing to work as a SIA security trainer you will also need the Physical Intervention Trainer Qualification. Our train the trainer package may be more suitable to you.