This One day course can be delivered onsite or in one of our locations across the UK, this course has been designed to help ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. This qualification can be tailored to business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for their work environment.
WHO NEEDS THIS QUALIFICATION?
Anyone in any work environment, those who are regularly in contact with outside agencies and members of the public.
WHY IS THIS TRAINING IMPORTANT?
In the UK 1000’s people get injured yearly due to lack of health & safety procedures. We in the UK take Health & Safety very seriously. The Health and safety act 1974 states that Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities in the workplace. And that employees also have a vital part to play in this equation under ‘duty of care’. They all need the right knowledge and the right attitude and skills which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks, from manual handling to risk assessment.
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
Course costs: £99.00 per person in advance, on the day price £129.00