This course has been designed and developed to meet the requirements for individuals who work in the public sector and require training in conflict management to help deal with customers face to face. This is suitable for a very wide range of sectors and is suitable for anyone in a customer facing role and deals with service users or the general public
This is a very useful course, that can help individuals obtain a better understanding of how to prevent conflict situations from not only arising but also escalating. Once qualified you will feel more confident in being able to deal with situations as they arise.
Course Duration: One Days
Helps staff to avoid and manage conflict within their work environment. Designed in conjunction with conflict. You will develop your skills within scenario based learning and gain a broad understanding of the main areas of conflict management. Once completed you will be able to then deliver Conflict Management training to security staff, in accordance with the requirements of the SIA, and for the purposes of licensing.
WHO’S IT FOR?
- Anyone working in the public sector:-
- Teachers, trainers
- Health care workers
- licensed retailers
- assistant managers
- relief managers supervisory/key staff
The HABC ACM is designed to enable candidates to understand the following:
- the responsibilities of both employers and employees in relation to workplace violence under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- what is meant by the terms ‘risk’ and ‘hazard’, and the causes of workplace violence
- how to identify and reduce hazards through risk assessment to reduce the likelihood of conflict arising
- why and how conflict situations can arise, and how to avoid them
- how to deal with conflict when it has arisen
- the law in relation to self-defence victim support, and the importance of reporting and recording incidents of workplace violence
The HABC ACM has been designed to be deliverable in one day and includes a short multiple-choice examination. A comprehensive handbook, presented in an easy-to-follow format, supports the qualification and covers all the information needed for this exam. In order to pass, candidates must answer correctly 23 out of the 30 examination questions.
Course cost is £149 in advance and £199 on the day.